Saying Thanks to K. E.

I did not around to writing but I absolutely must say thanks to the Cable and Wireless technican K.E. for sorting out my phone service. After weeks without phone service and ADSL connection, it was good to finally have it back.

This gentleman was very pleasant and professional, and unlike the foul-mouth technician that first turnup, went around systemaically eliminating the problems and final enabling the telephone service.

Interestingly it turns out that he was the same gentleman that sort out the ADSL service at my parent's house. My parents had told him about this CW technician, how nice and professional he was and how he worked dilligently to ensure that when he left the problem was fixed. My brother had even suggested that it was a pity he did not get the gentleman's name and number to have him come and look at our problems. Well as it was to be, he did end up coming to my location and sorting out the phone service.

It just goes to prove that while Cable and Wireless might be in a mess there are many good workers there or associated with them. It is not just that service was restored but is was the excelltent customer service displayed by this gentleman that impressed me.

Congratulations again Mr. E. for a job well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solution to iOS9 "Slide to Upgrade" issue on iPad/iPhone

Blackberry Link not working? Apple iTunes update responsible

Jamaica's National Pledge and Anthem