JUTC breaking down

I have noticed with concern an increase in the number of incidents of disabled or broken down Jamaica Urban Transportation Company(JUTC) buses on the roads of Kingston & St. Andrew. It now seems like everyday I am likely to encounter one if not two cases.

This must be taken in the context that I don't spend much time on the road. I mostly drive to work in the mornings and back home in the afternoons.

Is the maintenance program at the JUTC not going to plan? Or is this part of the short-sighted 'cost saving' measures to delay the time between maintenance? Someone should investigate and find out what is going on at the JUTC as it relates to maintenance.

I surely would not want to be a commuter on one of those buses when they break down. The JUTC is already facing stiff competition from the taxis, illegal and legal ,and an unreliable service certainly will not help their cause.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had the misfortune of being on one of those buses that "broke down" unexpectedly while I was on my way to classes at UWI. I must say, they handled it relatively well as the passengers weren't simply left stranded, care was taken to ensure that we were all transferred to another bus. The increasing number of such incidents does leave one to wonder about the internal runnings of this company however, though I had my suspicions from the days when they complained bitterly of continously making a loss. Some things just didnt add up. Ive heard that there have been some changes in Management, so lets see huh...

Popular posts from this blog

Solution to iOS9 "Slide to Upgrade" issue on iPad/iPhone

That outrageous cartoon : Prime Minister of Jamaica, Portia Simpson-Miller.

Blackberry Link not working? Apple iTunes update responsible