Failures equal Success

Sometimes when life gets rough we feel like giving up and not trying again. It is at those times that we must rally our efforts, keep trying and pushing towards our goals.

"I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot . . . and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why . . . I succeed."

That is a powerful statement from someone who many would consider very successful and the greatest basketball player of his time if not of all times. Success is not defined by the number of failures but is the result of many failures.

I remember climbing to the Blue Mountain Peak once in Jamaica with a group from my Church. There was one fellow, who today is not doing too well, who after climbing most of the way could not go any further and gave up on the last bend of hike put his stuff down and slept there for the night. If he had only known that the next corner was his goal he might have pressed on.

Many times you may have heard it said that is always darkest just before dawn. Keeping trying, never mind the failures.

Dedicated to someone who wonders whether she will rise again after her failure.

Comments

BrainSyke said…
very true, and very encouraging. Its hope and our courage that keeps us on our feet everyday!
Anonymous said…
I much prefer to think of Failure as Falling. Falling is very difficult. It is hard to get up and brush one's self off and then try again. But the fact is that when we fall we have to get back up. We can't lie down on the ground for the rest of our lives. If we FAIL we actually have a choice - do I do it again or just accept the failure?. Hence the reason I prefer to think of failure as a "falling expereince" - I have no choice but to get up, brush myself off and start again or continue from where I fell.

When we fall it is important to have family and friends - those who love most - around to support us in our anguish and encourage us to continue.

Few failures among a lot of successes teach humility (this in itself is success). The act of actually trying again -irrespective of the result is also success.

Diasppointments bring perserverance and perseverance builds character.

Falling equals success.

Continue to support your friend!!

Popular posts from this blog

Solution to iOS9 "Slide to Upgrade" issue on iPad/iPhone

That outrageous cartoon : Prime Minister of Jamaica, Portia Simpson-Miller.

Blackberry Link not working? Apple iTunes update responsible